Saturday, April 24, 2010

Grim Reaper: Zero (0) --- Pete O'Dell: Still playing......

Wow, what a week. While I was lying the the intensive care unit and receving what seemed like the best medical care in the world for some blocked arterties that decided to seal up/give up/collapse on April 16th, the world of interoperability kicked in and helped give me a new extension on planet Earth:

The global network: I connected with people everywhere - more globally than in my own neighborhood (going to work on this). Response and outpouring of support was incredible.

AED: These little defibulators were the lifesaver - preventing any initial damage and restoring the heart rhythm. Highly recommneded for any place that has more than a few people, and I suggest that you get a training class on them.

Prevention: would have been best - some signs, but none of the major (pain, shortness of breadth, etc). I'd been working out a lot and at a pretty intense rate - you would have thought that I would have triggered a mild event sooner. Get checked.

Stents: The docs put in 3 stents to allow flow through the bad heart atteries - no need for open heart surgery or bypass, which I think I'm very grateful for....

More to follow as I figure this all out......I'll use the interoperability as a theme to tie it all together. Today, I'm thankful to be alive, thankful to all the people who made that happen, thankful for the extended opportunity to make a difference in the world. I'm hopeful that God has it all figured out for the next couple of weeks, as my brain is still a little mushy. Any thoughts appreciated.

No comments:

Post a Comment